re [mark] able
"029: applicat spectra / weaver showcase!"
MY ARMS AND LEGS ARE SORE BUT I SAW APPLICAT SPECTRA AND WEAVER LAST NIGHT SO ALL IS FINE.


So anyway I met PK yesterday earlier to queue up and it was pretty worth it because we ended up pretty close to the stage. First row seats actually, lol.


Applicat performed first.


Walked into the warehouse as a casual listener and walked out as a fan. Wasn’t all that into them initially, but I got to listen to more songs and they sounded great live. Gosh I love the instrumentals.


When they first came out Kenken stood at our side and I was like “YES OMG WE GOT A CUTE GUY STANDING AT OUR SIDE.” LOL. His fair skin and his perfect hair and cute smile = died a thousand times yesterday.


Shinichi spoke to us in English! (In fact everyone did lolol) His voice isn’t as high as it sounds like when he sings, lol.


He mentioned that people in Japan call them Applinyanko because nyanko = cat. I thought it was pretty random at first because I couldn’t see what cats and Applicat have in common, and then it hit me that the spelling’s AppliCAT. Right.


He also asked the audience what’s their favourite Japanese word, and there was this guy who shouted “Kimochi desu” L M A O.


Kenken went backstage for a moment and emerged with a script. Thanks to his cuteness my brain overheated and I can’t remember what he said but I remember his pauses and looking at the audience for reassurance that what he was saying made sense.... which was really cute.


More cuteness:

Kenken: Do you love me?
Audience: Yes!
Kenken: /hops/ /mini spazz/ /eyesmile/


EYESMILES = MY WEAKNESS.


Kenken is btw, very passionate in playing the guitar hurhur.


SIGH.


They came out for an encore and they performed Saint Elmo in English oh my god.


Shinichi seemed to have a lot of fun yesterday because he was dancing and smiling the entire time LOL.


After the last song Kenken jumped off the stage to hug the girl NEXT TO ME OH MY GOD aklsdjaskldas SO CLOSEEEEEEEEEEE. I did get to touch him twice but ffffffff so close ;-;


I think it's pretty obvious who's my favourite in Applicat LOL.


WEAVER afterwards!


Performance was great, not that I was expecting any less from them hurhur.


SUGI AND HIS KEYBOARD. GOD.


Toru turned out to be real qt irl, he kept smiling really widely at everyone. Pretty sure I caught his eye at least once during the concert and when I smiled at him HE SMILED BACK. SIGH. SO CUTE.


So it turns out that Toru’s been here before and he spoke in English a bit, talking about how he sat on the Singapore Flyer and saw the “great view!”. Then he talked about visiting the Night Safari and how “(he) saw a lot of animals!” and throwing his arms out to illustrate that it was a lot LOL.


He repeated it a few times and Sugi was like “Okay. Okay.” and “Perfect!”. Okuno was on the other side of the stage so I didn’t get to see him much, except for that one time where he walked over to Toru hurhur.


Toru threw his drumsticks away at one point of time and everyone was like oooooooo: and then he took out another pair that was on a drum LOL WHAT A TROLL.


I absolutely love Kokoro no Naka Made and was praying that they’d play it AND THEY DID ASDAJDKSAD;LA. I know quite a lot of people were disappointed that they didn’t play Hard To Say I Love You, but gosh KOKORO NO NAKA MADEEEEEE.


There was this moment where Sugi grabbed onto the mic and sang "BOKA GA II~" while pointing to himself and I was like ALSDJASKDJA YES U R II!!! JOO R II!!


Like Applicat, they came out for an encore and they encouraged us to take photos lol Sugi even posed for fans ;-;


Concert ended afterwards and I got to shake hands with both bands because I bought the VIP tickets! Basically bombed my chance because I didn't know what to say and just went "Thank you!" in English FML I should have kidnapped Kenken ;-;


I think Sugi was waiting for me to say something more because I held eye contact with him for some time........ BUT I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING FML. I will regret this for the rest of my life.


One of the best nights of this year because I had the chance to catch two very talented bands perform live and they were incredibly nice and awesome and great etc etc. Will definitely go catch them again if they again come back sigh.

Recent Posts or Older Posts?
♥ | Applicat/WEAVER showcase